City of Tonawanda
Department of Public Works
Superintendent Joseph L. Warthling, Jr.
150 Fillmore Ave., Tonawanda, NY 14150
Phone: 695-1376 Fax: 692-6747
Email: Public Works
The Department of Public Works will provide a safe, clean, and efficient operation that maintains streets, sidewalks, and sewers within the city’s right-of-way. We provide a refuse and recycling operation, react to resident’s inquiries, and respond to all weather-related conditions.
Tonawanda, New York - Code of Ordinances / Chapter 50 - SOLID WASTE
WEEKLY GARBAGE COLLECTION
GARBAGE - Click here for recent Garbage Collection Flyer
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE - Garbage will not be collected on any of the following holidays:
New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Garbage pickup will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week following the holiday.
BULK GARBAGE - Bulk waste material pick-up is limited to quantities of four (4) cubic yards (3'x3'x12') per property, with a maximum of two pick-ups per month.
LATEX PAINT - How to dispose of latex paint
RECYCLING – Recycling Tote pickup calendar (2019-2020)
Your recycling tote will be picked up every other week in accordance with the "Blue" or "Red" designated color for your neighborhood. Please click above to see the calendar for your pick up weeks. If you do not know if you are Blue or Red, click here for color coded street flyer.
Click here for current Recycling Guide
- Plastic bags are not recyclable
- Styrofoam is not recyclable
- Only recycle food containers [plates, cups, window glass, toys, aluminum, plastic wrap, pots and pans, oil containers, etc. are not recyclable]
Recycle and Garbage Totes
Totes can be ordered at Tonawanda City Hall (8:30am-4:30pm M-F). The cost is $50.00 per tote. Your tote will be delivered to your home following your next garbage collection.
TIRES - Residents Only
- Tires are not collected at curbside
- Drop off at DPW – 150 Fillmore Ave. Monday - Friday 7am-3pm
- Passenger Car 13", 14", 15", 16" $1.00 fee
- Light Trucks - up to 22" $5.00 fee
- Tire With Rim $5.00 fee
- Any tire in excess of 22" will not be accepted
- Not collected by the City
- Take to place of purchase or call 858-6370 Hazardous Waste Information
- The City does not accept hazardous waste products [oil paints & thinners, car batteries, pesticides, motor oil, antifreeze, etc.]
- Contact 858-6370 for further info – Erie County Hazardous Waste
Erie County ELECTRONIC Recycling for 2019
yet to be annouced
- Items acceptable for recycling and/or disposal: CPUs [Hard Drive], CRTs or Monitors, Keyboards, Mouse, Printers
*Note: Participants will be required to verify that computers are generated by households. No commercial or industrial waste.
Erie County Household HAZARDOUS WASTE Collection for 2019
yet to be announced