Civil Service Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 1:00pm in the Civil Service office and are open to the public. Whereas the public need may require, meetings may be moved to the community room located in the lower level of City Hall.
Due to updates across the city's servers the Public Announcement Member List has been cyber lost. If you would like to be informed of City, School, Library, and Housing employment vacancies or exams please email "ADD ME" to Civilservice@tonawandacity.com
Applications for exams can be submitted to the Civil Service office between those hours. Outside those hours applications can be submitted to the Clerk's office where staff will process the fee payment and give applicant a receipt. The application will be retrieved by the Civil Service Secretary and processed immediately.
ALL EXAM APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 2:00pm
OF LAST DATE TO FILE
SINCE YOUR MOST RECENT APPLICATION!
Exam Scores will be announced as having been received when New York State releases them to our agency. Score and rank will be mailed to candidates AFTER the Commission approves the list. This process can take 4-6 months. Please be patient.
Civil Service VACANCIES:
Civil Service EXAMS
*Police Captain This is a promotional exam
Check back soon for upcoming exams!
Civil Service Exam Prep & Additional Info
- Police Officer Agility Standards
- Police Officer Job Specifications
- Police Officer Study Guide
- Police Agility Packet
- Police Exam FAQ
Exam and Employment Forms:
- Exam Fee Waiver Application
- Click for Cross-File Form.
- Civil Service Alternate Test Date Policy
- Veteran's Credit
- Application PDF form for exams or general employment
- MANDATORY Background Check Authorization Form to be filed with all applications
- Summer/Seasonal Application PFD
- Summer/Seasonal Application with Background Check Authorization- RETURNING Employees PDF
* Notice to candidates who are taking the May 2021 Police Officer Examination: It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide a college transcript to the Commission office verifying that they have met the minimum requirements before they can be certified for appointment. Contact the office regarding transcripts at 695-8626 or e-mail:
Check back for more exam/vacancy announcements
If you would like to be added to our list of emails that receive
employment vacancies and exam announcements, please email CivilService@tonawandacity.com with the subject line
stating "Add Me".
Include your name and residential city
Email Notification Announcement
Applications are accepted from January 1st thru December 31st of each year for Non-Competitive and Labor Class positions that may come up within the City and special districts during that calendar year.
* Notice to candidates who took the March 19, 2016 Firefighter Examination: It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide a copy of their New York State basic Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certificate to the Commission office verifying that they have met the minimum requirements before they can be certified for appointment. Contact the office regarding certificates at 695-8626 or e-mail: email@example.com
Please call Civil Service Department at 695-8626 for more information.
Click here for job exam announcements with Erie County
Click here for job exam announcements with Niagara County
Click here for job exam announcements with NYS.
Monthly Meeting Minutes:
April 2020 (no meeting)
May 2020 (no meeting)
June 2020 (Zoom meeting)
No December 2020 Meeting
| No January 2021 Meeting